Happy 2019! We wish you and your family Health and Prosperity in this New Year! You can’t predict the future. But we’ll help you plan for it. For over 30 years we’ve been helping businesses and individuals save money and prevent costly mistakes. HALPERN Chartered Professional Accounting Firm combines the technical knowledge of Chartered Professional Accountant and entrepreneurial mindset of Strategic Business Advisor.
Business owners and individuals complain but often do nothing to improve their financial situation. Face this New Year with confidence using our customized strategy and knowing that we are here to help you weather all changes and to prosper. The statement “Cash is King” is more relevant than ever before and our proven techniques and experience will positively impact your finances.
TAX TIP Did you know travel from your home to your regular place of employment is considered a non-deductible personal expenditure, the costs of which are not eligible to be claimed as an employment expense? However, if you are required to travel away from your employer’s place of business, your travel expenses may be claimed, provided you do not receive a non-taxable allowance in respect of travel and meet the other requirements. Contact us now for professional advice on whether you can deduct your travel and other employment expenses.
Cash-In On Our Professional Services
We can help you find and save money in your business and household as follows:
- Contact us now to perform a Diagnostic Review to grow your cash flow.
- Cash Flow Management can make or break your business. We will show you how to find and save money.
- Effective Tax Planning – every dollar counts. Can you afford to overpay your taxes? Contact us now for immediate assistance to minimize your tax bill.
- Timely and Accurate Reports such as financial statements, cash flow forecasts and budgets are vital for every business or household. Contact us now to get started.
- Better Bookkeeping – with money tight, all record keeping must improve dramatically. We will assist you by cleaning up messy books and helping you identify unnecessary or overpriced expenditures – saving you substantial money.
- Save money by creating a Budget for both your business and household income and expenses. Contact us now to get started.
- Eliminate debt quickly. Re-finance and consolidate your debts. We will help you restructure your debts in conjunction with your creditors.
TAX TIP Budget 2018 announced the EI Employment Insurance Parental Sharing Benefit which provides additional weeks of benefits to families when the parents of a newborn or newly adopted child share parental benefits. With the sharing benefit, parents selecting the Standard Duration of benefits can receive up to 40 weeks benefits, an increase from the current 35 weeks. Parents selecting the Extended Duration can receive up to 69 weeks benefits, an increase from the current 61 weeks. This change is expected to take effect March 17, 2019. Contact us now and we will help ensure you receive maximum benefits in accordance with your unique circumstances.
Filing Deadline – T4/T4A/T5 Tax Slips
To avoid costly penalties, all Employers and Payors must issue T4/T4A/T5 tax slips to employees and subcontractors by the last day of February, 2019. If you require our professional T4/T4A/T5 reporting services, contact us now but not later than Friday January 18, 2019.
We Will Help You